Monday, January 30, 2012

Training Plan

For my training plan I am using Runners World Smart Coach. It allows me to put in a recent race time and distance (I used my time in a half marathon last year, 2 hours 45 min). You also get to say which day you want to do your long run on (Saturday), what intensity level (hard) and how many weeks (16). This is my training plan, broken into 3 parts...

Part 1: Half Marathon Training
Run 5 days a week, typically Monday-Thursday and Saturday
3 days a week I run at a comfortable set pace
1 day a week I do either Tempo or Speed work
1 day a week I do a long run, between 9-14 miles
*this plan established with the 2 hour 45 min half marathon time
*this plan leads to running the inaugural Portland Rock n Roll Half Marathon on May 20th

Part 2: Maintenance
For 5 weeks I keep up my endurance and training before part 3 starts
Run 4 days a week, 3 days during work week (to vary)
Long runs on Saturday

Part 3: Marathon Training
Run 4 days a week, typically Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday
2 days a week at a comfortable set pace
1 day a week either Tempo or Speed work 1 day a week long run, up to 20 miles
*the mileage per day and pace of runs will be set by the May 20th half marathon time
*this training plan will lead up to the Portland Marathon on October 7

No comments:

Post a Comment