Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 8th


On Monday I ran again after giving myself a few days off from running to allow some blisters to heal. On the schedule was a 5 mile run, and I finished it blister free! I will admit I walked twice for about a total of 1/4 of a mile, so not that bad, I'm not too upset with that.

I knew I was going to have to work pretty late on Tuesday so I pushed the weeks remaining training sessions back a day.

Tonight I was scheduled to just run 4 miles but I did it no problem! It was probably all the frustration and stress I had pent up from the week that needed to be let out with my run, but whatever it was, it was probably my best run in quite a while. Not really looking forward to the speed run that's scheduled for tomorrow, but one way or the other I will get the miles in!

Also, I see some annoying and hilarious things in the gym, and I cannot keep them to myself so I will now put them into...
Tales from the gym:
*'Beats by Dre' guy was back tonight (from a couple of posts ago), except this time he decided to double layer the tank tops instead of the t-shirts. Good move really, I mean it almost got to 50 degrees today
*something I will never understand...why do some people feel like talking on the phone is an appropriate thing to do when working out? a) to the teenager behind me today, trust me the other 10 people around you tonight did not care about your waitressing job or all the intricacies it involves, and b) if you can carry on a phone conversation you are not working out, you are merely moving faster than a walking pace. Come on people!

Days till marathon: 242
Training runs left: 151
Total training miles: 13.5 (run), 22 (bike), 1 (stairmill)

No comments:

Post a Comment