Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gettin in the groove


Saturday was long run day and there are two exciting developments...

1) I was able to do the whole run! 10 miles at 13:53 pace, only stopping at each hour mark to let the treadmill rest and refill my water bottle. Yeah me!

2) I was able to do the whole run, in my new 5 toed socks, and I didn't have any new blisters when I finished! Wahooooo!!! My feet were a little sore, but nothing like normal after a run of that long. I think my new socks are going to work! I can't tell you how excited I am about this.

Another great thing about yesterdays long run, I was a bit sore after the run, and definitely felt tiredness in my legs, but I figured the real test would be how I felt when I woke up this morning. I was even pensive when I first woke up, figuring I would be in pain as soon as I moved, but NO! I felt like normal today, only the tiniest bit of soreness. I was shocked, but so happy that my training is working.

Tales from the gym:
-'Beats by Dre' guy is often at the gym when I am there. He is always dressed hysterically, always has his headphones on, and always on the elliptical going AS FAST as he possibly can. His face is always super intense too. This kid cracks me up. I saw him yesterday and had to stop myself from laughing out loud, it's just hilarious.
-As I settled onto the treadmill yesterday, two guys got on the elliptical about 3 or 4 machines down from me. I was just starting my workout, and didn't look over to see who they were. After a grand total of 1 min on the elliptical one of the guys started being very loud and obnoxious. Making tons of groaning, screaming noises. It was beyond obnoxious. By the way they were acting I figured they were in high school. At one point, one said "I should stop soon, I'm starting to stink. That's how you know when to stop, when you start to stink". Real workout gurus they were. Anyhoo, the loud one kept this up for about 20 min, then they decided to go to a different machine. I thought "great" because this would be my time to see what they looked like. To my shock these dudes were probably about 25 or 26. Really dudes, really???

Days till marathon: 231
Training runs left: 143
Total training miles: 49.25

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great!! Ya know guys are a little slower to mature and some just never do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for your new socks and no blisters!

    ReplyDelete