Sunday, February 12, 2012

Long run Sunday!

Today was long run day. It was the first long run I was able to do since I was resting my poor blisters last week. I was supposed to do 9 miles at a 13:53 pace, and I finished each step of it! Wahoo!!! I will admit to stopping twice. Once at the 1 hr mark because the treadmill had to reset and so I refilled my water bottle, and again at the 1.5 hour mark, I walked for about .125 of a mile. The whole run felt great! I was so happy with myself. :)

Unfortunately I did come home with another blister, this one on my big toe. I had taped it up so it wouldn't have any friction between the tape on the toe next to it, I think I might have taped it too tight not leaving any room for the swelling feet do when running. Ugh, one way or the other I'm going to figure out these damn blisters.

Usually I'll do my long runs on Saturday, but since I had yesterday off I decided to go down to the Nike Outlet. I needed some new running pants and shoes. Let me just say, deciding on which pair of shoes to get next was stressful! It took five pairs of shoes, in about 3 different sizes, and over 30 min for me to decide which ones to get. And after all that I just ended up going with the same pair I have now, just the newer version. I was so stressed and frazzled about getting the right pair of shoes that when I grabbed a second pair of running pants on the way out I grabbed the wrong size and now I need to go back and exchange them. So ridiculous.

So week 2 of training done! Looking forward to the upcoming week!

Days till marathon: 238
Training runs left: 148
Total training miles: 31.5

No comments:

Post a Comment